OT: Who Do You Trust?
Trailer Trash
2005-12-16 11:45:43 UTC
LONDON - A global public opinion survey shows people losing faith in
governments, business and even non-governmental organizations.

The survey showing "an alarming picture of declining levels of trust"
was conducted for the World Economic Forum, to meet in Davos in
Switzerland next month, by GlobeScan, a public opinion research firm,
and is based on interviews with more than 20,000 people in 20 countries.

"What the survey shows is people losing faith in a whole range of
institutions," Mark Adams from GlobeScan told IPS by phone from Geneva.
"This is very worrying for the world community."
The Russian government is now the only institution in any country polled
to have consistently increased trust since 2001, the survey shows.

Trust in government has fallen the most in Brazil, South Korea, Mexico,
Canada and Spain, followed closely by Argentina and the United States,
the survey shows.

In Nigeria trust in the national government fell by 13 points while
trust in all other institutions rose.

"Even in countries such as Britain and India, where trust remains
positive, it has suffered its biggest fall since tracking began in
2001," the report says. "Only in Italy, Indonesia and France has trust
in the national government held steady, although polling was completed
prior to the recent riots across France."

The poll also reveals that public trust in the United Nations has fallen
over the past two years.

The survey shows that trust in a range of institutions has dropped
significantly since January 2004 to levels not seen since the months
following the Sep. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

"The report shows that the cement which holds world institutions
together is coming adrift," Adams told IPS.

The loss of faith could partly be a consequence of globalization, he
said. "In the cosy world of 30, 40 years back, people relied on
governments and companies to do everything," Adams said.

"But it's now a more complicated and dangerous world out there."

Governments and companies "are themselves struggling to come to terms
with a new world order," Adams said, which suggests that these are no
longer the firm edifices people had come to lean on in earlier times.

Among the highlights of the report:

Public trust in national governments, the United Nations and global
companies is now at its lowest level since tracking began in January
2001.

Since 2004, trust in government has declined by statistically
significant margins in 12 of the 16 countries for which tracking data is
available.

The UN, while continuing to receive higher trust levels than other
institutions, has experienced a significant decline in trust from 2004
levels in 12 of the 17 countries for which tracking data is available,
suggesting an impact of the scandal over the Iraq oil-for-food program.

Public trust in companies has also eroded over the last two years. After
recovering trust in 2004, it has since declined for both large national
companies and for global companies.
Trust in global companies is now at its lowest level since tracking
began.

NGOs remain the leaders in trust, but they also have to contend with
some decline. In 10 of 17 countries for which data is available, trust
in NGOs has fallen since 2004, in some cases sharply, as in Brazil,
India and South Korea.

"This is a wake-up call for the World Economic Forum meeting at Davos in
January," Adams said. "If we do not regain the trust of people, the
world will become ungovernable."

People feel "rightly or wrongly that systems are not delivering," he
said. The World Economic Forum will have to find creative ways of
addressing this problem, he said.

The survey involving a total of 20,791 interviews was conducted between
June and August 2005 by research institutes in each participating
country, under the leadership of GlobeScan.

The survey asked respondents how much they trust each institution "to
operate in the best interests of our society".

=A9 Copyright 2005 IPS - Inter Press Service =A0=A0
Blash
2005-12-16 12:10:52 UTC
WHO DO YOU TRUST????

It sure as hell isn't dumb mikey........
He wrote on 12/11/05:

<<The Chicago P.D. tells me that you liked to pick up little boys by the
cotton-candy stand right next to the mens' lavatory.>>

Do you really think readers of this N/G are so stupid as to believe that
statement???
When you hear the ³voices², do you really think you are talking to the
Chicago P.D. ???
Does lying just come so natural to you that you believe what you write???
Are you still so infantile that you just say anything that pops into your
³head²???
Doesn¹t your ³word² mean ANYTHING to you???

Why would anyone trust ANYTHING you write???
Trailer Trash
2005-12-16 12:26:02 UTC
He who angers you, controls you!
Blash
2005-12-16 13:01:14 UTC
Post by Trailer Trash
He who angers you, controls you!
RIGHT ON!!!
As red-faced dumb mikey pounded out on his little keyboard in a fit of rage:

³If you weren't 69 or 70 years old, the next time I came down to Florida to
visit a sibling, i'd knock on your front door and break you friggin' nose.
I'm sure it's a large enough target, you nudnick.²

TEMPER, dumb mikey, TEMPER!!!
Now go sit in the corner, wipe your nose, stop crying and try to calm
down........
Trailer Trash
2005-12-16 13:21:45 UTC
... The lunatic is in your head ....
Blash
2005-12-16 13:46:59 UTC
WOULD I LIE TO YOU???
........dumb mikey

<<From: Trailer Trash (***@webtv.net)
Subject: Re: Hey Dumb Blash
Newsgroups: misc.invest.stocks
Date: 2004-06-29 17:15:04 PST

<Didn't you know your webtv unit leaves internet fingerprints, Mikey? ? ?
Do you expect any of us to think this isn't you? ? ? I can find the post
on Google (that you signed) bmj, by mistake if you want me to dig it up
and repost it for you..... dumbfuck!>

That's pretty funny since i live in Delaware County and my name's Cody.>>
Trailer Trash
2005-12-16 13:49:17 UTC
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces ...
Blash
2005-12-16 14:07:50 UTC
Blash
2005-12-16 14:22:50 UTC
Post by Trailer Trash
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces ...
Pooooor mikey.......

He gets sooooo upset when HIS OWN WORDS come back to bite him on the
ass......

Awwwwwwwwwwww...........

Keep it up dumb mikey......this e-book is going to be a best-seller.......On
second thought, I'm going to give it away free as a public service.......
How do you like the proposed sub-title???
"It could be that the only purpose of his life is to serve as a warning to
others."
Seems VERY appropriate!!!
b***@webtv.net
2005-12-16 15:35:02 UTC
I 'almost' feel sorry for him ... Should someone tell him?

Piddy?

Anybody?
Blash
2005-12-16 17:45:21 UTC
Post by b***@webtv.net
I 'almost' feel sorry for him ... Should someone tell him?
Piddy?
Anybody?
I can almost hear his pathetic whining down here.......

Awwwwwwww.........
Trailer Trash
2005-12-16 19:13:35 UTC
It's a line from a Pink Floyd song, you old ninny.

Run it through Google and see what an uncool old idiot you truly are.
Jesus, are you pathetic!
Blash
2005-12-16 21:53:29 UTC
Post by Trailer Trash
It's a line from a Pink Floyd song, you old ninny.
Another amazing move by dumb mikey.....when he can't get his brain(?)
into gear, throw out a quote from that recognized intellectual genius(Pink
Floyd)......AWESOME!!!!
Trailer Trash
2005-12-17 04:32:15 UTC
Post by Trailer Trash
It's a line from a Pink Floyd song, you old ninny.
=A0=A0

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Another amazing move by dumb mikey.....when he can't
get his brain(?) into gear, throw out a quote from that recognized
intellectual genius(Pink Floyd)......AWESOME!!!!

By the way, which one*s Pink? ...

Blash
2005-12-16 14:33:28 UTC
Post by Trailer Trash
One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces ...
Do you think you had anything to do with the Fraternal Order of Police
in Philly mentioning: ³in 2002 we instituted an ongoing evaluation program
to ensure that no candidates with racial/religious biases or possibly
harmful psychological problems will be on duty²???......
c***@webtv.net
2005-12-16 21:59:32 UTC
blash, EVERYONE knows you don't like cotton candy so how could that
statement be true..........

Boycott Aruba !
c***@webtv.net
2005-12-16 21:57:20 UTC
I TRUST SANTA CLAUS---MERRY CHRISTMASS !!!!!!!!!!

Boycott Aruba !